By: Follow South Jersey Staff
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. — This year, there will be 12 site locations for the 2021 Seasonal Influenza Immunization Program. The program will begin at the annual Senior Health Fair, which this year takes place on October 6 at the Scottish Rite Ballroom, 315 White Horse Pike in Collingswood, starting at 10:00 a.m. and continuing through 1:00 p.m.
“In order to keep your family healthy this flu season, we encourage you to take advantage of this beneficial service provided by the Camden County Health Department,” Commissioner Carmen Rodriguez, liaison to the Camden County Health Department, said. “We are hosting immunization sites at convenient locations throughout the region and coming to a town near you. Furthermore, with the pandemic still raging it is imperative to protect yourself against the flu this year.”
In addition to seasonal flu shots, the Senior Health Fair will feature dozens of health information tables, games and prizes and lunch for all senior citizens who attend the annual Senior Fair. The flu shots are provided for no-out-of-pocket cost. Seniors that register with the Camden County Division of Senior and Disabled Services will enjoy a complimentary lunch at the fair. Call (800) 955-2446 toll-free to RSVP.
The launch of the flu shot program is traditionally coordinated with the senior health fair because men and women age 65 and older are among the “high priority” groups for annual shots. Seniors receiving Medicare should bring their identification cards with them.
“No different than last year, during this ongoing pandemic, the flu shot program is critical to bolster and preserve the public health,” Rodriguez continued. “Please get your flu shot this year, so we can avoid the virus while we can continue to focus our efforts on fighting COVID-19.”
Pregnant women and chronically ill people are viewed as other high priority groups. Flu shots are also recommended for people with weakened immune or cardiovascular systems, or with chronic metabolic diseases, renal dysfunction or blood disorders. Youth aged 9 and older must be accompanied by an adult; those under the age of nine are not included in the program.
The Seasonal Influenza Immunization Program continues on the following dates and places:
- Oct. 8 at Barrington VFW, 109 Shreve Ave., Barrington from 4:00 pm- 7:00 pm
- Oct. 13 at Cherry Hill Township Municipal Building, 820 Mercer Street Cherry Hill from 10:00 am- 1:00 pm
- Oct. 15 at Gloucester Township Municipal Building, 1261 Chews Landing Road, Blackwood from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Oct. 18 at Bellmawr Senior Center, 29 E. Browning Road, Bellmawr from 4:00 pm- 7:00 pm
- Oct. 20 at Katz Jewish Community Center, 1301 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill from 10:00 am- 1:00 pm
- Oct. 25 at Haddon Heights Community Center, 321 Seventh Ave., Haddon Heights from 10:00 am- 1:00 pm
- Oct. 27 at Rutgers Health Services, 326 Penn Street, Camden from 10:00 am- 1:00 pm
- Oct. 30 at Bud Duble Senior Center, 33 Cooper Folly Road, Winslow Township from11:00 am- 1:00 pm
- Nov. 1 at Voorhees Town Center, 2120 Voorhees Town Center, Voorhees from 4:00 pm- 7:00 pm
- Nov. 3 at Harry Williams Community Center, 24 North Black Horse Pike, Runnemede from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Nov. 5 at Magnolia Community Center, 425 Brooke Avenue, Magnolia from 10:00 am- 1:00 pm
Children under 9 need two shots, a month apart, and should be seen by a pediatrician. For uninsured children, call CamCare at (856) 541-9811 or the Bellmawr Health Center at (856) 931-2700.
- Registration For Stakeholder Assistance For USDA Off-Farm Labor Housing Grants Opening
- South Jersey Communities To Receive $29M Total In Municipal Aid Grant Funds
- Small Business Grant Program Still Has Over $9 Million Available With Application Time Running Out
Follow South Jersey provides local journalism which highlights our diverse communities; fosters transparency through robust, localized, and vital reporting that holds leaders and institutions accountable; addresses critical information needs; supports people in navigating civic life; and equips people with the information necessary to partake in effective community engagement. If there is a story or event you think we should cover, please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org with “NEWS” in the subject line.