By: Alysa Rubin, Writer / Follow South Jersey Public Health Intern
TRENTON, N.J. — Applications for Phase 2 of the New Jersey Redevelopment Authority’s Lease Emergency Grant Program opened on Monday, February 22, but by Thursday, they were closed due to overwhelming demand.
Business owners in need of assistance who didn’t get to apply for Phase 2 of the Redevelopment Authority’s program are encouraged to peruse the state’s Business Action Center to find more resources that could potentially assist them.
If your business managed to fill out an application prior to the program closing, you can call 1 (833)-626-4600 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. for updates.
The grants, which can be as much as $10,000, are a part of New Jersey’s Small Business Lease Emergency Assistance Grant Program. The program aims to provide rent relief and other aid to small businesses struggling amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
Recently, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy and Lt. Governor Sheila Oliver announced that the program would receive $5 million in funding.
To be eligible for the grants, small businesses must follow these eligibility requirements:
- Be leasing commercial space in mixed use buildings
- Be leasing space in commercial buildings
- Be leasing space to operate a storefront business
- Be occupying no more than 5,000 square feet of space
- Must be in one of 66 designated municipalities
In Cumberland County, businesses in Bridgeton, Millville, and Vineland were eligible to apply for a grant through this program.
- Registration For Stakeholder Assistance For USDA Off-Farm Labor Housing Grants Opening
- South Jersey Communities To Receive $29M Total In Municipal Aid Grant Funds
- Small Business Grant Program Still Has Over $9 Million Available With Application Time Running Out
This article was produced by a Follow South Jersey news intern thanks to a grant provided by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation through the New Jersey Health Initiatives program to create hyper-local news to meet the informational and health needs of the City of Bridgeton, N.J.