By: Michael Mandarino, Follow South Jersey Assignment Editor
SALEM COUNTY, N.J. — Salem County’s Department of Health and Human Services will host six different free drive-through flu clinics over the next six weeks.
The first clinic will take place from 2-6 p.m. on Tuesday, September 22 at the Salem County Fairgrounds in Pilesgrove. After that, clinics will be held at a number of different locations throughout the county every Thursday in October.
The Department of Health and Human Services will accept residents aged three and older at all six of its clinics. It prefers that community members hoping to get a flu shot bring pre-printed medical forms, and face masks will be required at each clinic. The clinic taking place from 4-7 p.m. on October 8 at Liberty Fire Company will be the only one that accepts walk-ups along with vehicles driving through.
If you’ve had a bad reaction to a flu shot in the past, have an allergy to thimerosol, or developed Guillain-Barre syndrome within six weeks of receiving a flu shot, the Department of Health and Human Services is urging you not to get a flu shot from any of these clinics.
Below is a list of all the available drive-through flu clinics:
- Tuesday, September 22: Salem County Fairgrounds (Route 40, Pilesgrove), 2-6 p.m.
- Thursday, October 1: LAC Fire and Rescue (15 New St., Hancock’s Bridge), 4-7 p.m.
- Thursday, October 8: Liberty Fire Company (5th St., Salem), 4-7 p.m. (walk-ups also accepted)
- Thursday, October 15: Willow Grove Fire Company (County Hwy 639, Pittsgrove Township, 4-7 p.m.
- Thursday, October 22: Oldmans Township Municipal Building (40 Freed Road, Pedricktown), 4-7 p.m.
- Thursday, October 29: Salem County Fairgrounds (Route 40, Pilesgrove), 2-5 p.m.
You can call the Salem County Department of Health & Human Services at (856) 935-7510 (ext. 8482) for more information about these clinics.
- NJDOH Dashboard Aids Monitoring Nursing Homes, Provides Information For Improvements And Advocacy
- Travel: Gone “Wyld(er)”: An Older Resort Is Reborn In Upstate NY, Providing The Ideal “Jumping Off” Spot For Culinary And Other Adventures
- Montclair Film Festival Features Movie “The Whale”
Follow South Jersey provides local journalism which highlights our diverse communities; fosters transparency through robust, localized, and vital reporting that holds leaders and institutions accountable; addresses critical information needs; supports people in navigating civic life; and equips people with the information necessary to partake in effective community engagement. If there is a story or event you think we should cover, please send your tips to email@example.com with “NEWS” in the subject line.