SALEM, N.J. — The Salem County Department of Health and Human Services will hold six flu clinics this year, which are all free to Salem County residents. The first one is set for September 24 and will utilize a drive-through clinic at the Salem County Fairgrounds. Other flu clinic sites will be at Lower Alloways Creek Municipal Building, Oldmans Township Municipal Building, Cedar Lane Auctions, John Fenwick Academy in Salem, and Lafayette-Pershing School in Carneys Point.
The free flu clinics are made possible through funding from the Salem County Board of Chosen Freeholders. Staff will be at each clinic who can assist in translating for Spanish-speaking residents. As part of the free flu clinics at John Fenwick Academy and Lafayette-Pershing School, the County Environmental Division will also conduct lead testing on children’s toys with factory coated and hand-painted paints. Please feel free to bring one or two toys to test for lead paint.
There is no appointment necessary to attend. Salem County residents three years and older will be accepted
at all flu clinics. Registration forms for the flu shots will be available at the clinic entrance and via their website. They ask that anyone coming for a flu shot please wear light clothing so your sleeve can be rolled up for the shot.
The Department of Health and Human Services warns that residents should not get a flu shot if you have had a reaction to flu shots before, if you have an allergy to thimerosol, or if you have previously developed Guillain-Barré Syndrome within six weeks of receiving the flu vaccination.
The other five clinics in 2019 are scheduled thusly:
• Tuesday, September 24 — Drive-Through Clinic, Salem County Fairgrounds, Route 40,
Pilesgrove Twp., from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
• Thursday, October 3 — LAC Municipal Building, 501 Locust Rd, Hancock’s Bridge
from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Thursday, October 10 — John Fenwick Elementary School, 183 Smith Street,
Salem from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, October 15 — Cedar Lane Auctions, 21 Cedar Lane, Elmer, from 11:00 a.m.
to 2:00 p.m.
• Thursday, October 24, — Oldmans Municipal Building, 40 Freed Road, Pedricktown
from 4:00 p.m. — 7:00 p.m.
• Thursday, November 14 — Lafayette-Pershing School, 237 Shell Road, Carneys
Point from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Anyone who has questions or would like more information about the flu clinics can reach the Salem County Department of Health and Human Services by calling 935-7510 ext. 8304 or by visiting their website.
- What’s Good? Family Day of Service 2022 – With Isaiah Showell
- Atlantic County Offers New COVID-19 Child Vaccination Clinics
- State Officials Announce $2 Billion Property Tax Relief Program For FY2023