By: Follow South Jersey Staff
BRIDGETON, N.J. – Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem Counties is unveiling their “Holiday Gift Card Drive” to help brighten the holidays for local teens experiencing foster care.
Supported by the dedication of CASA volunteers, the gift card drive will make a world of difference in the lives of young individuals, enabling them to savor the simple joys of the season without financial worries, according to CASA.
“The holiday season is a time for giving and spreading joy, and our Holiday Gift Card Drive offers a wonderful opportunity to bring happiness to the lives of youth who often face significant challenges,” Jennifer Henderson, program director at CASA of CGS, said. “We invite everyone to join this meaningful initiative and contribute to a positive change in the lives of these teens.”
CASA volunteers give their time to grapple with the complexities of the foster care system and fight for the best interests of foster youth, both in and out of the courtroom. CASA of CGS see the gift card drive as ”more than just a charitable act; it’s a lifeline for teens yearning for the little pleasures in life, free from the constant worry of where the funds will come from.”
The greater community can get involved in several ways:
1. Donate Gift Cards: Deliver new, unused gift cards from retailers or restaurants to our CASA Office at 40 E. Commerce St., Bridgeton, NJ.
2. Online Contributions: If you prefer to make a monetary donation, visit our website at wespeakupforchildren.org to contribute, and donations will be used to purchase gift cards that will brighten the holidays for these teens. Interested donors can also visit the CASA of CGS Amazon wish list by visiting: https://a.co/eVzLHnt
3. Spread the Word: Share the news about the Holiday Gift Card Drive on social media and encourage your friends and family to unite in this mission to uplift these deserving teens.
In order for the foster youth to receive the cards in time, CASA of CGS asks that all donations be made by December 13.
Every gift card will be personally distributed by dedicated CASA volunteers in time for the holidays, ensuring that these teens feel not just remembered, but genuinely valued during this special season.
For more information about the Holiday Gift Card Drive and how to participate, please reach out to Amy Coblentz at (856) 449-6619 or email@example.com.
For more information about CASA of Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem Counties, or if you are interested in becoming a CASA volunteer, visit www.wespeakupforchildren.org.
Watch the informational video on CASA of CGS below.
- South Jersey Weather and Climate: Rowan University’s Program Sheds Light On Local Impact
- Fostering Pets: Helping Animals While Bringing Joy To Yourself
- With Thousands Of Species To Find, Mushrooming Can Be A Fungi Outdoor Activity
Follow South Jersey provides local journalism which highlights our diverse communities; fosters transparency through robust, localized, and vital reporting that holds leaders and institutions accountable; addresses critical information needs; supports people in navigating civic life; and equips people with the information necessary to partake in effective community engagement. If there is a story or event you think we should cover, please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org with “NEWS” in the subject line.