By: Russell Swanson, Executive Director, VDID, Main Street Vineland
On the Ave is a regular column written by Russell Swanson of Main Street Vineland.
VINELAND, N.J. — After a couple of weeks off, we’re back on track, continuing our “walking tour” of the Ave. We’ll spend this week and next week on the 500 block and then take another short break for year-end reflections. Then we’ll cross the railroad tracks and continue our walk in the New Year. Now, however, let’s look at the north side of the 500 block of Landis Avenue. We’ll do the south side next week. Here we go.
On the north side:
• 552 E. Landis Ave.—Newfield National Bank
• 520 E. Landis Ave.—Taqueria La Tejana—Mexican restaurant (Suite 2), La Plaza—grocery store (Suite 3)
• 516-518 E. Landis Ave.—La Internacional—DVD, video, game rentals, MoneyGram
• 510 E. Landis Ave.—The Atrium: Professional Pain Management Associates—Dr. Peter Corda, DO, Dr. Jeffrey Polcer, DO, Dr. Vannette Perkins, MD
• 508 E. Landis Ave.—Landis Mini Stop—convenience store
• 504 E. Landis Ave.—Sergio’s Barber Shop
• 502 E. Landis Ave.—Health Foods Plus
• 500 E. Landis Ave.—Armed Forces Career Center
We’ll be joining the Jewish Federation of Cumberland, Gloucester & Salem Counties on Monday, December 23, at 5:30 p.m. for their annual “Chanukah Live” Menorah Lighting on the 600 block of Landis Avenue — the largest Chanukiyah (Chanukah menorah) in South Jersey. Come and enjoy food, music, and fellowship as we join in helping to make our holiday celebration a truly multicultural affair.
Speaking of multiculturalism and UNITY, you have until January 3 to add a decoration to the CommUNITY Tree in the mini-park at the southwest corner of Landis Avenue and the Boulevard. We had our decoration and lighting event for the tree earlier this week, but you still have time to add your decoration. So, if you’re a member of a club, religious organization, non-profit, or any other such group, bring an ornament that reflects your mission and hang it on the tree alongside the others.
For more information on Main Street Vineland, call (856) 794-8653, visit TheAve.biz or check them out on Facebook. You can also e-mail email@example.com.
Winning floats for the Main Street Vineland Christmas Parade — organized by Main Street Vineland, with major sponsorship by BB&T, South Jersey Gas as the Clean Energy Sponsor, and supporting sponsorship by Newfield National Bank, have been announced.
The winners are as follows:
GRAND DIVISION (large floats):
• 1st Place: Edgarton Christian Academy
• 2nd Place: Dixon Dance Academy
• 3rd Place: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas – Franklin Family
PETITE DIVISION (small floats):
• 1st Place: AMSA (Applied Mathematics and Science Academy) – Johnstone School
• 2nd Place: Kyle’s Lawn Service
• 3rd Place: Rosario’s Barbers
- Your Ability To Balance On One Leg May Indicate How Long You’ll Live
- AC Officials Sign MOU For $2.7B Bader Field Redevelopment
- Atlantic County Spotlights Four Women As Positive Influences In The Community